The Club is registered with British Rowing under the name “1884 BC”, named after the year the Old King’s Club was founded. This replaces the earlier name of “Cabbages BC”.
In addition to partaking in regattas around the UK, 1884 BC puts together an VIII to race the School’s current 1st VIII in December. This offers the opportunity for past competitors to catch up with each other and see the prospects for the School in the coming season. The Club has an arrangement with the School that at weekends groups can come down and take out some of the shells.
Jack Elkington • email@example.com